In this era of eCommerce online store, every retailer prefers for going to Magento 2 developed website. It is because everyone wants to choose the right platform which fulfills and suits their needs. When it comes to the advanced and fully featured development system, Magento has always been popular platform because of its features and compatible extensions.
Why should you migrate to Magento?
Every platform has their own unique reason to have a change and evolve, therefore here as a business aspect one should always go for Magento development.
- It has well-organized back-end which helps admin and developer to navigate and program the updates easily.
- It is easy to migrate too because when we talk about migrating, it has opted for a robust and reliable hosting platform.
- Magento has better-optimized SEO services which are specialized for the E-commerce platform. Even it has a cross-browser platform with safer and more secure upgrades and payment methods.
- It has improvised a lot in quick checkout option too.
- It has always coped up the level of framework and has proven to be perfect to fulfill all business requirements.
Which Platforms were customers migrating to Magento?
There are plenty of options you can go for as your eCommerce platform but as the time passed Magento came up in a market expressing that how easy is to develop the program in an eCommerce platform. As you can see on the above info graph that they were customers from a platform of Opencart, OS commerce, Virtuemart, Prestashop, Zen cart, Woo-commerce checkout and are now who changed their platform to Magento 2.
Migration to Hosted Vs Migrations to open source shopping carts.
Migration to hosted – Here the source code is been with hosting provider and it is really hard to customize. This kind of hosting services are known as SaaS( Software as a service) which you will never have access to the code that runs the software. It is provided to you as a service in exchange for a fee.
Below is the list of hosted eCommerce platform are:-
- 3dcart – Hosted e-commerce software
Migration to Open source shopping cart – Here you will have to download and run the software, which is very commonly known as an open source that you can host it wherever you please. Every single setup here you do on this platform is solely your responsibility.
List of open source platforms are:-
- Spree Commerce
Why Migrate to Magento?
1) Fast – It is easy to get migrated to Magento and even ease responsive too, which helps to enhance user experience.
2) Easy to use – The quality has been improvised with elastic search and helps both user and developer to have a good experience.
3) Flexible – It offers a range of flexible deployment and gives you the flexibility to activate and deactivate the component through at the same time, keep a clean code-base.
4) SEO Friendly – When it comes to optimization, Magento is made and built for SEO which helps you to analyze and increase traffic.
5) More User-Friendly Checkouts – Now it has been easy to check out because the team has improvised the platform with one-page checkout.
6) Enhanced Security – It is specially designed to keep the site securely safe by protecting customers and business details. A new update has bought new security features to avoid data violation from any external sources.
Related Infographic: eCommerce Security
7) Better Admin Interface – Magento has an effective lineament that allows management to flow multiple stores from a single admin panel.
8) Improved performance – The new update of Magento has improved performance in optimization in which Magento has also scored 97/100 in it.
9) More Mobile Friendly – Now it is easy to convert your online store to a mobile app with magneto and though works smoothly.
10) Continuous improvements – The major improvement in performance and usability is with framework enhancement, streamline the checkout process, better scalability and other. This new update over Magento has created a new market for eCommerce development.
Magento Version Specific Reports
When it comes to Magento there was Magento 1 and as the new change technology, the newer version came as Magento 2. This is where the entire story begins with a magnanimous change in the market and though the reason was the entire update.
|Magento 1||Magento 2|
|No Front-end Library||Ships with less|
|No support for HTML5/CSS3||PHP5.6+/7.0|
|Weak content staging||Advanced content staging|
|Legacy checkout||Streamlined checkout process|
|Admin Non-Responsive||Responsive Admin Panel|
This is the reason why Magento worked in the market like a wizard who came up with many changes that beloved by all the e-commerce developers and service providers. The ratio changed from 27% to 73% just because of new updates in the platform. There are plenty of updates which you can compare with the old version but though you will find above some it as vital ones which are grasping everyone’s attention.
Magento Migrations Tools/Extensions
To migrate there are famous tools and extension, which is most commonly used are –
- Lit extension
- Ubar theme
- Magento (Data Migration Tools)
Related Blog: Top Magento Migration Extensions
Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration Process
1) Create a migration plan to get done and processed in a better way.
2) Prepare a testing environment to flow up the data.
3) Install extensions, so the migration of data can be pulled and processed.
4) Data migration will be processed.
5) Create a design for Magento 2 as per your choice.
6) Launching plan and synchronizing in a smooth way.
7) Magento 2 now the store can be launched on the live server.
The new era of technology and updates has changed every single trot over future and though now eCommerce have changed simultaneously with it. Magento 2 has come with a new feature which is more demanding in the market as compared to other platform and also runs easily without any hassle. There are many eCommerce online store development companies which can help you flow up the data to the newer version. You will find plenty of options to go for but one of the fastest growing eCommerce web development company is Magneto IT Solutions which he helps you get high-quality output with affordable and competitive cost.